No Products in the Cart
Bubble Waffles are kids' new obsession! They're so much fun and the perfect breakfast.
When I say my kids' are OBSESSED with these Bubble Waffles, I mean it. I made these for them and a couple of their friends and it blew their minds! Bubble Waffles are also known as egg waffles and are one of the most popular street snacks in Hong Kong, but you can get your own Bubble Waffle iron and make them anytime you want!
Bubble Waffles are our new favorite breakfast, but if you serve them up with some ice cream or whipped cream they also make a scrumptious dessert. We serve them hot off the press with lots of toppings like fruit or syrup. They're similar to a waffle, but slightly sweeter and lighter in texture. Bubble Waffles are perfectly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. They're it's out of this world.
If you don't have a Bubble Waffle iron, no worries! You can make this recipe in a regular waffle iron just as well. It'll still be oh so good, but if you're curious about Bubble Waffles and decide to invest in one of the special irons, you won't be disappointed!
Part of the fun of this recipe is all the toppings. Grab any fresh fruit, chocolate or strawberry syrup, or whipped cream (we love this Coconut Whipped Cream recipe) and get ready for the excitement! And like I said, easily turn this recipe into a dessert by filling them with ice cream! These would be great to make for a birthday party or similar event.
I love coming up with waffle recipes for Weelicious. I have tons on here like Pumpkin Waffles, Waffle French Toast and Waffle Hearts that you have to try. Let me know if you make Bubble Waffles by tagging me on social media. I'd love to see these fill up my feed!
Prep Time: 8 mins Cook Time: 5 mins
1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
4. Whisk the egg/sugar mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
5. Preheat bubble waffle maker according to manufactures directions.
6. Place 3/4 cup of the batter into the bubble maker and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side if using a hand held waffle maker or 5 minutes if using an electric bubble waffle maker.
7. Serve with desired toppings.